This time of year many have questions about crabgrass germination and control. Below are several previous Purdue turf tips that answer the most commonly asked questions about crabgrass control.
- When will crabgrass germinate?
- When should I apply my preemergence herbicide (crabgrass preventer)?
- Which preemergence herbicide should I use? - Professionals
- How to Select a Crabgrass Preventer from the Store – Homeowners
- How do I control crabgrass in spring seeded turf?
- Do split applications provide better control than a single application?
- How to identify crabgrass?
- How will the cool spring affect crabgrass control? Originally posted April 22, 2011
- How might a late frost affect crabgrass?
|Forsythia blooms are an indicator that crabgrass germination is just around the corner. See the link above "When will crabgrass germinate?"|
Newly germinated large crabgrass plant. Photo taken in spring of 2012.
Aaron Patton, Turf Extension Specialist