The Purdue Turf Doctor app, a collaborative effort among Drs. Doug Richmond, Aaron Patton and Rick Latin, is the latest modern turfgrass management tool produced by the Purdue Turfgrass Science team. The app is designed to help homeowners and land managers diagnose and address turfgrass problems caused by a variety of factors including weeds, insects, diseases, nuisance animals, and abiotic stress. Turfgrass management professionals and garden center personnel can also use the app to improve communication with their customers and build customer confidence.
The flexible yet powerful user interface features:
- Quick access to the latest science-based recommendations from Purdue University experts on how to manage over 135 turfgrass disorders.
- Identify turfgrass disorders by matching patterns, symptoms and signs to hundreds of high-resolution photos.
- Check diagnoses with detailed descriptions of damage and stages of problem development linked to each photo.
- Search for information on specific disorders by common or scientific name.
- Use integrated filters to refine diagnoses by problem type, time of year, turfgrass species, field pattern, symptoms, signs, weed type, flower color, and more.
- Easily create and add problems to your favorites list for quick reference later.
- Automatically view a list of your most recent searches.
The Turf Doctor app is also supported by a growing social media community through the twitter handle @TurfDoctorApp